Mlove's Reviews > Warm Bodies

8319528
Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 26 to 27, 2012

Oh wow... I am in love with a zombie. I will freely admit that I am absolutely in love with R. He is the best narrator I have read from so far. He was often witty, charming, and hopeful. This would be a zombie genre close to the zombie movie Fido. Which is excellent, this book did remind me of Fido sometimes though.

I am actually going to buy this book instead of just renting it from the library. Its so amazing that I actually want to be able to read it on a rainy day and be hopeful again. Sometimes the love story was weird but you have to accept that R is changing. He is not just a zombie who wants to eat "BRAIIIIINNNNSSSS" he is a thoughtful character who realizes killing is wrong. And honestly you will love his character too. Isaac Marion did great with this novel and no wonder its becoming a movie. I Will be there sitting in line for 5+ hours waiting for the midnight premier.

The story is beautiful and it actually makes you THINK what it would be like having to be forced doing something so you can survive. It really is the epitome of being selfish, and R realizes this. I know some people do not like Zombie books/movies for certain reasons but this is not just a tale about zombies. Its a tale about hope, life, and love. I honestly recommend this book to anyone looking for something to read that will just make them happy to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warm Bodies.

03/26/2012 page 46
19.0% "Oh R i hope you keep me captive"
03/26/2012 page 91
38.0% "Julie i love your character. Its refreshing."
03/26/2012 page 106
44.0% "Wow poor r. Who would fathom leaving a sweet guy who can barely speak. Perfect relationship to me."
03/26/2012 page 206
86.0% "I dont know how i will give up r, julie, or m... Too hard to believe its almost over."
03/27/2012 page 234
98.0% "O i am soo happy for you M!"