Brianna Kilcrease's Reviews > Mark of the Seer

Mark of the Seer by Jenna Kay

Mar 24, 12

Read from March 21 to 24, 2012

First Line: “My favorite day of the week is Saturday. I can sleep until noon, shower or not (depending on my mood), and do whatever I feel like doing. Things I can't do during the week can be done on Saturdays. It's my happiest day of the week. Usually.”

Yet another Crushing Hearts Black Butterfly book. And this one was just as great as Ember! I don't think I've ever read a book about seers. That's what makes this book so intriguing. A unique plot, a unique storyline, and spunky characters to boot. Clarity (coolest name ever) is a great MC with an interesting past, present, and future. You find yourself wanting to know more about her, her whole life, and what her feelings are. And Mark of the Seer seems to do a pretty good job of giving you what you want.

Her best friend Kora is a bit on the wild side. She keeps things going with her drama and big mouth, always starting fights with Daria, the popular girl, and starting trouble everywhere they go. The rest of the characters are boys. Some mmm mmm good ones at that. Brenton, Kevin, and Sam. Brenton is Clarity's hometown boyfriend, Kevin is Kora's newfound love, and Sam is...well he's Clarity's guardian angel. Or so he says.

This book is about the truth. Clarity has to find for herself if she can face the truth, or if she will turn her back to the new world she has been thrust into. She will love, cry, fight, and kick butt in this amazing, great start of an even better series!

P.S. The second book, Broken, looks just as good. I will probably be reading it sometime in the future :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark of the Seer.

03/23/2012
03/24/2012
100.0% "CHBB has great books so far!"
show 4 hidden updates…