Jacob's Reviews > The Chrysalids

The Chrysalids by John Wyndham

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: to-read, i-own, nyrb, sci-fi-fantasy-etc

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chrysalids.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Richard Jacob, if you tell me you've never read this before, I will absolutely flip out!

message 2: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Richard wrote: "Jacob, if you tell me you've never read this before, I will absolutely flip out!"

Ok, I won't.

Richard Jacob wrote: "Richard wrote: "Jacob, if you tell me you've never read this before, I will absolutely flip out!"

Ok, I won't."

Somehow that doesn't reassure me. But read it quickly, and let us never speak of this again.

message 4: by Jacob (last edited Mar 21, 2012 06:56PM) (new) - added it

Jacob Whether or not I've read this before (and I'm not saying either way, although I'll probably read [or re-read] it soon), the story looks familiar (as it should, since I may [or may not] have read it already). It sounds a bit like The Slynx, another gem from NYRB.

Richard Jacob wrote: "Whether or not I've read this before (and I'm not saying either way, although I'll probably read [or re-read] it soon), the story looks familiar (as it should, since I may [or may not] have read it..."

Wow, that looks odd. I would say that it's almost as weird as [or even weirder than] The Chrysalids. I might [or might not] go looking for it, and I will [or won't] read it, depending on whether [or not] I've found it.

message 6: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Good idea [or not]. You should do [or not do] that.