Ashton's Reviews > My Life Next Door

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Oct 14, 15

bookshelves: kindle-books, young-adult, duology, contemporary
Read from June 13 to 17, 2015

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life Next Door.

Quotes Ashton Liked

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“Being a politician is a lot like being an alcoholic in denial.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“I guess I like things that take time and attention. More worthwhile that way.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“I’m not sure I can pull off being just friends with someone whose clothes I want to rip off.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“His bed’s really comfortable. And he never pees in it.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“It’s all so good. My body is singing-happy, my days are full of good moments, my life feels more right than it ever has been before. And that can be, I learn, how it happens. You’re walking along on this path, dazzled by how perfect it is, how great you feel, and then just a few forks in the road and you are lost in a place so bad you never could have imagined it.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“The worst thing about being a blonde is that your entire body blushes—ears, throat, everything. Impossible to overlook.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“It’s like Tim’s drowning and they’re worried about the color of his swimsuit.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“No, because of instinct. You can tell who to trust. People can, just like animals. We don’t listen as well as they do, always, but it’s still there. That prickling feeling when something’s not right. That calm feeling when it is.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“I wonder if the children of movie stars get this weird sense of disconnect I have now. The person on-screen looks like the woman who makes lemonade in our kitchen, but the words coming out of her mouth are alien.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“I love the way your whole body turns pink when you’re embarrassed,” he murmurs. “Everywhere. Your ears blush. Even your knees blush. I bet your toes blush.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“Even though this is something I know I want, I start to panic a little, until I remember the person I trust more than anyone else in the world. Jase. And I decide he’s right. We’ll figure it out together.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“He’s so easy to forgive. No sins at all. Not like my mom. Not like me.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“More than anything in the world I want to tell him the truth. From the start, it’s been easy to tell him that, truths I’ve never told anyone. He’s always listened and understood. But there’s no way to understand this. How can he, when I don’t understand it myself.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“Every time, I’ve bitten my tongue, stayed silent, with the thought: If I tell him, I’ll lose him. Tonight is when I know. I already have.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“fanning out the possibilities in front of me like paint chips—“How lovely this would look on your future!”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“Maybe if I can just sleep for a hundred years, I’ll wake up in a better story.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“My head hurts and my heart feels nothing but numb blankness.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“I twist to look at him. Even that movement feels painful. Maybe I’m slowly turning to stone myself.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“I nod, trying to swallow the barbed wire caught in my throat.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“Which is fine, because even the most important ones—I love you. I’m sorry. Forgive me? I’m here—are only stand-ins for what you can say better without talking at all.”

Huntley Fitzpatrick
“Everything you say makes sense, sir. I guess it’s logical. But with all due respect, you’re out of your fucking mind. Come on, Sam. Let’s go home.”