Shay Williams's Reviews > The Kingdom

The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens

Mar 23, 12

bookshelves: net-galley, paranormal, gothic
Read from March 21 to 22, 2012

I remember reading the Gothic romances when I was younger and always loved them. Unfortunately that genre has pretty died. THE KINGDOM has that gothic feel to it that I have always been drawn too. And the heroine definitely needs rescued a lot similar to the heroines of the past. Oh and there are definite romantic overtones to the story.

This is a book that I would recommend. The pacing is spot on with a growing eeriness and tension that grows throughout the book. And her characters are ones that stand out and will stay with a person long after the book is finished. I know that the series follows Amelia but I would love to see a spin off featuring some of the unique folks that you meet in Asher Falls.

I have always been pretty anal about starting a series in the beginning however lately I have stumbled onto some great series a bit into them. THE KINGDOM is actually the second book the Graveyard Queen series and while I plan on picking up the first book it’s not because I feel as though I am missing anything. Instead it is because I really like Amelia’s character and the gothic tone of the book.

I rate this book a 4.2.

***I received this book at no charge from NetGalley in exchange for an honest interview. No monies have or will exchange hands.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kingdom.