Sandy's Reviews > Tuesdays at the Castle

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George

Mar 21, 12

Read in November, 2011

Absolutely charming book about a little princess girl named Celie who lives with her family in an enchanted castle. When her parents are ambushed while out on the road and believed to be dead, Celie and her brother and sister are left to fend for themselves as the dignitaries from neighboring lands and the kingdom's own Council descend upon the castle to try to take advantage of the situation. The castle is like a dear friend to Celie and her siblings, and it communicates with them in surprising ways. I read this to my 6-year old daughter, who was enraptured with every page of it (though some of the politics eluded her). By the end of the book, she declared it her favorite book in the whole world, and Jessica Day George her favorite writer. This book is geared toward a younger audience (8 & up) than Jessica's other books (12 & up), which makes it a great read-aloud for younger kids, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays at the Castle.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Farrah (new)

Farrah I'm just not sure I can trust your opinion on this. Seeing how you two have the same last name, you might be in cahoots with the author. :)

Jessica Oh, she's in cahoots all right! CAHOOTS!

message 2: by Farrah (new)

Farrah You George girls. All working in cahoots. Just can't be trusted. But seriously, Jessica, your work is great. Sandy's lucky to have such an awesome SIL to be in cahoots with!

Jessica Thanks, Farrah!