Elise Wilson's Reviews > Saving Grace

Saving Grace by Julie Garwood

Mar 22, 2012

Read in February, 2012

Actually, this was more like 3-1/2 star rating for me. And I don't necessarily think it was the book, itself, but rather the fact that I have read some many of Garwood's books, that I am somewhat burned out, I guess. The storyline of the book was too familiar. It has it's typical heroine, Johanna, who was beautiful -- the twist to her character was her independent spirit, which was contradictory to the usual quiet and submissive women during that time. Still, there was nothing too new for me. And Gabriel, was the typical heroine -- handsome, macho, brave and protective of his woman.

What I liked most about the book were its secondary characters, including Dumfries, the beloved dog. And I liked the recluse, wise old man and reading of his version of golf!

If you're a Garwood fan, you'll no doubt appreciate her writing and storytelling ability. But you may also, like me, find nothing particularly new or exciting in this book. But, hey, she remains one of my favorite authors!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Grace.

message 1: by Zumbagirl (new) - added it

Zumbagirl Yeah, I know what you mean about Garwood burn-out. I recently read Guardian Angel - while I liked the characters, I was not in love with the story or the characters. But she's still written some of my favorite, most comforting reads and she'll always be one of my faves