Earl Gray's Reviews > Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: artfully-living-life
Read from March 23 to 31, 2012

I saw the Vimeo promo and liked it - this just came in today's (03.21.12) mail. Looking forward to being in an applicational reading group at Starbucks with some friends who are also reading it!

03.23.12 - Halfway through and thoroughly enjoying it. Crossover principles for whatever it is you do. Side note: the book has a great tactile shape and feel, too - if you can read it in it's 3-D form instead of an electronic version, do it.

03.31.12 - Finished it, and totally amped to begin meeting with my group of friends that are all committed to launching projects as we work through it. Buy it and put it into play!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal Like an Artist.

Quotes Earl Liked

Austin Kleon
“If you ever find that you're the most talented person in the room, you need to find another room.”
Austin Kleon, Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

Austin Kleon
“Draw the art you want to see, start the business you want to run, play the music you want to hear, write the books you want to read, build the products you want to use – do the work you want to see done.”

Austin Kleon
“Creative people need time to just sit around and do nothing.”

Austin Kleon
“Your brain gets too comfortable in your everyday surroundings. You need to make it uncomfortable. You need to spend some time in another land, among people that do things differently than you. Travel makes the world look new, and when the world looks new, our brains work harder.”

03/23/2012 page 19
03/31/2012 "Finished! Good stuff, very glad I read it."
show 2 hidden updates…