Agam T's Reviews > Schooled

Schooled by Gordon Korman

Mar 21, 2012

bookshelves: adventurous, realistic-fiction

Schooled is about a boy who is usually known as a hippie. The main characters are Cap a 13 year old and his grandmother named Rain. The book started out by Rain falling out of a tree in there community Garland Farm and gets hurt and Cap tried to drive her to the hospital and ended up getting arrested, Cap does not go to jail. In the hospital the doctor says "Rain has to go to rehab" and Cap has to stay with someone else and go to public school. Cap stays with Mrs. Donelly and her daughter Sophie who hates Cap. Cap goes to public schools and he gets BULLIED a lot, he also makes a friend named Hugh Winkleman. Cap gets elected for school president when he didn't want to so he could get made fun of. Later on in the book Cap makes a lot more friends for being school president and becomes more popular than Zach Powers the most popular guy in school also he becomes friends with Sophie Mrs. Donellys daughter. Towards the end Rain gets out of rehab earlier and Cap goes back to Garland Farm and everyone misses him and Cap misses the school and Rain won't let him back. I rate this book 5 stars. I liked the part when Cap tried to help his grandma because it was a nice thing for him even though bad things could happen to him. What I didn't like was when kids elected Cap for school president and he didn't want to, I didn't like that because they shouldn't do that just so kids could make fun of people just for the heck of it and make them miserable. I recommend this book for kids who like Gordon Korman and like realistic fiction books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Schooled.