Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Dead Time

Dead Time by Anne Cassidy

Jan 27, 13

bookshelves: uk-author, review-books
Read from April 14 to September 27, 2012

I've had Dead Time on my TBR pile for ages and wish I'd got round to it earlier.

The story is a fast paced crime thriller which follows the story of Rose a teenage girl whose mother disappeared 5 years previously. I can't tell you too much about the story line itself as I will spoil it for you but will say that the story will keep you guessing throughout.

For me the thing I enjoyed most was the relationship between Rose and her step brother, whose father went missing with Rose's mother. After 5 years apart the two have been recently reunited. I love the way in which they interact together and also like seeing the different ways they went about dealing with the loss of their parents.

I liked Rose as a character. You get a real sense of just how lost she is since the disappearance of her mother. She's now living with a grandmother who disapproves of her and the choices she makes even though she isn't a wild child or tear away.

For me the things really kicked off in the last few chapters in the book where lots of things are set up for the rest of the series and blown wide open changing the world entirely for both Josh and Rose.

All in all a brilliant start to a series which has the potential to be very exciting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Time.