Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Hard Tail

Hard Tail by J.L. Merrow

This was a cute, funny read. I enjoyed it a lot.

Tim is the type of guy that is so deeply in the closet people think he's homophobic because he gets flustered and snappish over the simplest of words hinting at homosexuals. It's cute in a way. I enjoyed the struggle Tim went through after his life gets pretty much turned upside down and he starts to get uncontrollable feelings for a friend of his brother's. I loved, loved, loved how much of an adorable klutz Matt was. Every time Matt was in a scene I couldn't help but smile because he's so cute and seems so innocent when he's not. I really liked the way Matt and Tim's relationship developed from not knowing one another to becoming friends to finally becoming lovers.

While I really loved the story, I had some trouble with it. The beginning was confusing for me. I couldn't understand what was going on. After that, I really hated Tim's mother so much I just couldn't get passed her behavior or forgive her for the way she acted all of Tim's life (not even with the ending). Based on those two facts, I'd have given this five stars but I can't because of Adam and Tim. There are some things I just hate and what happens between them (even though they only got close and didn't actually succeed) I cannot get over. And because of that, I'm lowering my rating. I'm unreasonable when it comes to some things, even if some people think it's 'justifiable' but I don't. (view spoiler)

In the end, I loved the book, I honestly did even if some things weren't exactly to my tastes. The story is sweet with a lot of funny lines (Wolverine was hysterical). I know I'll be re-reading this someday (and skipping a few certain scenes) because it was just that good. Definitely recommended for everyone and anyone looking for something that is light-hearted with just a touch of angst.

Also, you don't need to read Pricks and Pragmatism to read this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Tail.

05/09/2012
12.0% "Man this mother is a total bitch. I really just want to beat the shit out of her" 2 comments
05/09/2012
28.0% "I Just want to hug Matt :("
05/09/2012
60.0% "Oh man! I really really love this cat!"
05/10/2012
100.0% 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) You finished! I got sidetracked by Gambling Men. Was it cute all the way through?

message 2: by Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* (last edited May 10, 2012 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Yup, it was! There was a tad bit of angst but it was offset but a lot of funny lines and the cat gets even funnier with how it acts. I really enjoyed it. How far are you in?

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Nikyta wrote: "Yup, it was! There was a tad bit of angst but it was offset but a lot of funny lines and the cat gets even funnier with how it acts. I really enjoyed it. How far are you in?"

Still at the same spot but I should finish Gambling Men tonight and be able to start reading this one again tonight too. I have the feeling this book is going to make me want a cat even more than I already want a cat.

message 4: by Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* (last edited May 10, 2012 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Ummmm kinda and not really! That cat is vicious! ROFL

Chris Nikyta wrote: "Lol. Ummmm kinda and not really! That cat is viscous! ROFL"

Oh no! Viscous kitty! ;p

1. Having relatively high resistance to flow.
2. Viscid; sticky.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Vicious I meant!

When you think about it, the cat could really fit both words lmao

Chris Cats do frequently seem as if they're a liquid. :D