Jennifer Rachal's Reviews > Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems

Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber

Aug 10, 08

bookshelves: babies-kids
Read in January, 2006

Okay, I was skeptical. I'd read Happiest Baby on the Block (which I liked) and lots of other semi-okay baby sleep books, but I was terrified of Ferber. Every mom who has heard the term "Ferberized" has shuddered at the thought of leaving her baby alone to cry it out. But after weeks of working with my daughter (she was only a year then) I decided to check this book out from the library - God forbid I'd actually buy it! What a pleasant surprise this book was - straightforward, smart, and a plethora of amazing information on sleep! I learned about what constitutes healthy sleep and discovered a lot about my own sleep habits - if it didn't work, then just that information alone would have been worth the cost of the book (if I'd actually bought it). But guess what? It does work! And no, it is NOT the cry it out for hours method I had heard about; it's a gradual approach that requires discipline and good notebook to keep track of time. If you're willing to put in the hours (hey, you're not sleeping anyway) then this is the best book of it's kind out there. I still recommend it to new (and old) moms.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems.