Cole C's Reviews > The River

U_50x66
Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: cole-e-bear-books, paronomal, while-worth
Read in December, 2011

Another book, another year, another life. In this book, The River (Sometimes called the third in the series) is another book about being stranded. This one is not an accident, it's on purpose. About two years ago Brian Robeson was stranded in the Canadian Wilderness for fifty-four days, yet he survived but all he had was his little hatchet. Government and military want Brian Robeson to go back into the woods while military finds out the overall technique about being stranded and how to find your way out. At first, Brian disagrees because questions are just going off in his head, "Will I survive this time? Will I be able to have the same knowledge as I had before?" Government officials talk to Brian and try to talk him into doing this. This all takes about three weeks to figure out but Brian agrees to take the challenge of a world-long adventure.

Brian and Government officials are sometimes working together. Brian is my favorite one of all because he puts up a fight and never let's go. He sacrifices life and limb to do this one job for someone who almost doesn't even care as much for him, just his money and military.

I'd recommend this book to higher level readers; such as 6th to 8th graders, maybe even ninth graders. I say this because there is a little bit of violence in this book, such as when Brian falls of his 'canoe' and is bleeding everywhere. Also some grammar might not be suitable for younger children. Viewer discretion is advised.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The River.