Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Transatlantic Loving

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-piper, authorreviews
Read in March, 2012

This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

This was my first book by Rachel Brimble and I really really enjoyed it. It was a great story about finding loving when you are not looking for it.

Lisa and Courtney live in England and have come to US for Courtney's 25th high school reunion and Lisa is dressed like Madonna! While at the reunion Lisa meets Aaron a former classmate of Courtney and current high school gym teacher. Of course Aaron is hot (all gym teachers should be hot, though mine was not) and interested in Lisa. Lisa is divorced with two teenaged daughters who are spending time with their dad and his new HOT and YOUNGER soon to be wife. Aaron likes Lisa from the start. Aaron spent five years in the UK and has left behind his young daughter with her mother. He knows one day is little girl will need him and he will go back to the UK to be closer to her, but until then, he is happy to treat his school kids like they're his own. Aaron would like to spend as much time as he can with Lisa while she is the US. Lisa is not so sure about that, but Courtney lets her see that she should give him a chance and move on from her ex. Both Lisa and Aaron have issues to over come and I really enjoyed the love between them. I really thought that is would be a story where you have a wonderfully written love story, but maybe a not so happy ending. It looked like things were stacked against Lisa and Aaron, but Rachel Brimble does a great job of making it work. I love all the characters in this story. The story is well written and Rachel makes you feel for Lisa and Aaron. This is great story about finding love when not looking for it and even if you live a world apart.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transatlantic Loving.