Sara's Reviews > Let's Pretend This Never Happened:

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  Lawson

Jun 23, 13

bookshelves: memoir
Read from June 12 to 23, 2013

I sort of think like this woman writes, but I would never WRITE that way, because crap it's annoying. But that being said this book is hilarious, like fits of giggles hilarious (the giant metal chicken really did me in). But it's also poignant and even heart-breaking in places, and I found myself continually surprised the marriage worked out (good for them), and I empathized with her struggles with disease and anxiety and depression which were told in such an honest way. So all in all I can forgive her an excess of "spontaneous" asides and cutesy footnotes. And seriously where do I get one of those chickens because I know someone that just NEEDS one on her doorstep.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

06/16/2013 page 45
100.0% ""Turkeys make terrible pets, you should never trust your father to identify poultry, and you should accept who you are, flaws and all, because if you try to be someone you aren't, then eventually some turkey is going to shit all over your well-crafted façade, so you might as well save yourself the effort and enjoy your zombie books.""
06/21/2013 page 139
100.0% "YOU CANNOT RUN FROM ME. BEHOLD! This. IS. YOUR. FUTURE!"
06/23/2013 page 238
100.0% ""Even on days when I'm bedridden and can't move, I'm grateful to have my daughter curl up near me and watch [TV]. I try to be appreciative of what I have instead of bitter about what I've lost. I try to accept this disease with grace, and patiently wait for the day when they find a cure. And for when I get my monkey butler." She's writing about RA, but it could just as easily be me writing about IBD"

dateDown_arrow    newest »