Sarah's Reviews > A Perfect Storm

A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster

Mar 21, 12

Read in March, 2012

My Opinion:

Man, I loved this book! Right from the beginning, I was drawn into Arizona and Spencer's courtship. Which, honestly, is not surprising. I mean, it is LORI FOSTER!

The greatest thing about Ms. Foster? Her writing is not obvious. You can learn things about the characters, the story, etc. by all the hints she drops. For example, she never wrote, "Arizona got raped by the human traffickers (sad, but true)," but a reader knows it happened by the way Arizona acts and talks. Ms. Foster engages our minds! It's fantastic. Her writing is amusing and charming, I've been a fan for YEARS.

I understand Arizona's dry humor and the sarcastic way she speaks is used to cover up pain and humiliation, but it's so freakin' hilarious! Not only did she make me laugh (a LOT), but she made me cry as well. This book was definitely a tear-jerker, but in a good way. Ms. Foster employs a reader emotions, a reader becomes involved in the story.

I adore Arizona's strength! She's the woman we all achieve to be. She's strong, and also at the same time fragile that I wanna give her a hug, but I think she'd hurt me if I did (har har).

Spencer is a sexy, hot, extremely muscular guy. So jealous! He's so cute, the way he tries t make up for all the wrong that has happened in Arizona's life. So sweet!

Recommendations??

This book was awesome! All romance lovers would adore this book, whether or not they like suspense or action. Try it!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Storm.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Great review Sarah!

Sarah Kelly wrote: "Great review Sarah!"

Well, thanks!!I just love Lori Foster :) Im glad netgalley gave me the chance to review for her. It was an honor

message 3: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Thomson It's nice when a writer builds a character through subtext and subtlety, eh?

Sarah L.H. wrote: "It's nice when a writer builds a character through subtext and subtlety, eh?"

Yes, it really is. :)