Josie Goodreads's Reviews > Finders, Keepers

Finders, Keepers by Chris Quinton

Aug 30, 12

Read from August 25 to 30, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I never knew what a 'Skin Job' was and I found it an interesting concept, add in the stolen artefacts mystery and I was hooked.
Jeff, working for a 'retrieval' company is literally thrust straight into a new job, without any downtime., because of this Jeff came over as quite vulnerable, so much of 'himself' was on show and it unsettled him. I liked that, it made Jeff a much more sympathetic character than he could have been.
Jeff's new target, Alan, is the son of a farmer Jeff's firm suspect of being involved in a multi million dollar scam to bury, and then dig up, a valuable historical artefact. Jeff is tasked with building up a relationship with Alan in time to be invited to the farm so he can investigate the scam.
Jeff finds himself immediately drawn to Alan, this complicates things as he finds it hard to think of Alan being involved in anything illegal.
I loved the measured build up of Alan and Jeff's relationship, it had to be quick as Jeff only had a couple of weeks to ensure he traveled home with Alan but the build up was still believable. I won't say anymore as I don't want to give anything away but suffice to say I loved this book. It has everything you could want, mystery, intrigue and romance.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finders, Keepers.

08/28/2012
28.0% "This is great, just wish I had more time to read right now, I don't want to put it down."
show 2 hidden updates…