Mary Gilligan-Nolan's Reviews > A Beautiful Blue Death

A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch

Mar 21, 2012

Read on March 21, 2012

This is one I had recommended to me by a Goodreads friend and I would like to say a thank you for putting me on to this series. I really enjoyed it. It's a great old fashioned crime/mystery set in the late 1800's in London. A gentleman of leisure, Charles Lenox, who likes to dabble in solving crimes in his spare time, free of charge, as he is well set up financially. His life-long friend, Lady Jane Gray asks him to look into the death of her former maid, who has taken up a new position with another wealthy house. Pru Smith is found dead in her bed and it looks like suicide by poisoning, but Lenox brings his friend along, Dr. Thomas McConnell to examine the body and it looks like Pru was murdered after all, by a rare poison that would be too expensive for a maid to get her hands on. It sets out what life in London was like for the rich and the poor and makes for an interesting read. As a mystery, it works well and keeps you guessing to the end. I look forward to following this series and am now waiting for Book 2. to arrive.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Blue Death.