Lisa's Reviews > Embrace The Darkness

Embrace The Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012, kindle-baby, own, fangbangers, paranormal, romance, smut, vamps-witches-wolves-oh-my
Recommended for: Jade
Read from March 19 to 21, 2012, read count: 1

Another 2.5 really, and another enjoyable piece of fluff to punctuate the chapters of the more heavyweight non-fiction I'm reading at the moment.

This time around it's Viper's turn to find his mate (apparently vampires are like swans, and do it for life) meaning that pet replaces lover as the new constantly uttered term of endearment, although he continues the vampiric tradition of apparently believing all women are like Mariah Carey and need carrying everywhere.

In the short hop between the first book and this, the world of demons pursuing Abby have completely changed their minds and now piss themselves with fear at the mention of her name. Which is convenient, because now they can go after Shay, Viper's twoo love, instead. Despite being half Shalott (a type of demon, apparently, and not a small onion) Shay is a lot whinier than Abby so it's a good thing that her gargoyle friend Levet is around to give us a bit of levity (Geddit?...I'll get me coat) although he is assisted here by the slightly snarky vamps.

It's fairly easy to predict where we'll be going next, so I can only hope that Styx lightens up a bit for his turn and that his love interest won't have any trust/abandonment/daddy/slavery/whatever else issues to drip on about as these are otherwise fun enough for me to keep snacking on in between more weighty tomes.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace The Darkness.