Linda Faulkner's Reviews > Ice Cap: A Mystery

Ice Cap by Chris Knopf

Mar 21, 12

Read on March 21, 2012

Jackie Swaitkowski is an attorney practicing law in the Hamptons of Long Island. Her client is accused of murdering her late husband’s uncle … and nobody wants to believe her client’s innocent.

The worst winter on record dumps endless snow on the Hamptons, which hampers our heroine’s attempts to discover who really committed the murder. Of course, Jackie’s the only person who believes Franco Raffinni is innocent and she really has to work at it. Also hampering her efforts to solve the mystery are members of her husband’s family and the Polish-American community in which they live, the victim’s widow, and emissaries of a local mob boss whose visits become increasingly more threatening and violent.

As a former resident of Long Island, I found myself skimming over the numerous references to the Hamptons; however, Jackie’s clever, witty, and entertaining personality MORE than made up for that minor flaw and I certainly didn’t skim anywhere else! I laughed out loud numerous times as I read this book in one sitting. Knopf does an excellent job writing from the perspective of his female character and I’ll be checking out more of Jackie’s adventures.

You shouldn’t miss this one.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice Cap.