Josh Schmidt's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

M_50x66
Mar 21, 12

Read in March, 2012

Synopsis: Harry, an extra ordinary boy in a an ordinary place has been living with his aunt and uncle for about 11 years, after being dropped off at their door in the middle of the night. He comes to find that he, being almost 11, has been accepted into a school, for extra ordinary boys and girls like him. Harry is then thrust into the world of wizardry. He then learns of the events that led up to him being dropped off at the Dursley's, and the man who destroyed his life and killed his parents. Harry, befriended by Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, start their journey along a path that gets darker and darker through his time at school and, confronts his greatest enemy: the man, "he who should not be named," Voldemort, the dark wizard who killed his parents, and would change his life forever.

Review: I, like most all people who have read these adventurous books, are absolutely enchanted by the stories told behind J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books. This book, like all the rest, are very descriptive and create a new magical world, one right under the noses of the regular people or "muggles." I love this book. Harry Potter is not a challenging read, but each time I read it I seem to pick something new up from the story, and every time I am changed by how I perceive the story of the boy who survived. This book is good for all ages, and I recommend that everyone read it, along with the others! even though I've read the books multiple times, I never get tired of the adventure, mystery, terror, and love that this book shares with you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.