Emma's Reviews > Confessions of a GP

Confessions of a GP by Benjamin  Daniels

Mar 22, 12

Read from March 21 to 22, 2012

I loved the idea of reading Confessions of a GP. It screamed ‘funny’ and ‘interesting’ and it isn’t everyday you come across a book on this subject. When I picked up the book for a great price on the Kindle, I started to read it right away, I wanted to know what secrets the author was willing to divulge to me.

There are a few chapters that are real gems and they are sure to make you gasp, put your hand to your mouth in shock, make you want to read snippets aloud to anyone who will listen as well as causing a bit of a giggle.

Unfortunately once I had read the good chapters in the first half of the book, I started to feel like the author was being patronising instead of being funny. If you suffer from the illnesses he does tend to not take too seriously, I can see readers being easily offended. I also felt there was confusion with the chapters being all mixed up and in no particular order. As a reader this didn’t work for me because I was being taken in one direction and then suddenly another for no reason other than the chapter subjects are mixed.

I would recommend this book to people who are looking for something light hearted, funny and not serious. There are some great subjects but do not take this seriously. Despite feeling disappointed with the ending, Confessions of a GP does still deserve 2 stars.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a GP.