Michele's Reviews > Front and Center

Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Mar 20, 12

Read in January, 2010

A great story of a girl who doesn't know her value. D.J. Schwenk is what many girls aspire to be: athletic without losing all the girly appeal, smart enough so as not to have it be a burden or intimidating, and slightly clueless about her own skills and appeal so as not to be vain. Front and Center (book 3), is certainly a great addition to the ongoing saga of D.J. In this story, her family continues to recover from her brother's football accident which has left him paralyzed (see book 2) and D.J. continues to find her place in both the athletic and family realms. Both bring changes, challenges and pressures which D.J. thinks she is not ready for and continually feels ill-equipped to face. Even in the face of her obvious abilities and talents, particularly in the basketball arena, she doubts her capabilities. But a caring family, a few good friends and an improved ex-boyfriend all get her to see herself in a new light. I have enjoyed following D.J. Schwenk through these three books (although the second one was not my favorite) and I continue to look forward to more of her stories.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Front and Center.