Christy's Reviews > The Plight and Plot of Princess Penny

The Plight and Plot of Princess Penny by Michael Mullin

Mar 20, 12

bookshelves: e-book, read-in-2012
Read in March, 2012

No joke, I love this kind of stuff! I reviewed Mullin's other book, 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Unknown 8th Dwarf, not too long ago and adored it. There's just something about a story told or wrote in rhyme that I love. But not just any old rhyming tale will do; I need it witty, fun, and clever. Thankfully, Mullin does this well.

The Plight & Plot of Princess Penny is a little modern mixed with classic fairytale. Penny may be a princess, but she certainly doesn't rule at school. The girl she once considered a best friend is queen bee, and makes Penny miserable. Finally Penny has enough, and seeks the help of a witch in the woods. The witch agrees to help, but everything comes with a price.

Like the description says, this book is intended for YA and up. I let two fifteen-year-old girls I know read it, and they loved it too. One thought it was a little long, but worth it. Seriously, it only takes about fifteen minutes to read, so I guess it's just what you consider long for this type of story.

Overall, The Plight & Plot of Princess Penny is quick and fun. The author did a good job with the twists and bringing everything together. Anyone who can think and write like that has my respect. And isn't the cover cute? I think so.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plight and Plot of Princess Penny.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michael Mullin Thanks so much! So glad you liked it. Tell those 15-year olds to spread the word! ;) Glad they liked it too!

I started a TaleSpins blog I think you might like: