Maria Nesmith's Reviews > Miss Nelson Is Missing!

Miss Nelson Is Missing! by Harry Allard

Mar 20, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: eced-221

Miss Nelson is Missing is about a class with a sweet teacher named Miss Nelson who they take advantage of. The students in Room 207 constantly misbehave and disrespect Miss Nelson. So finally Miss Nelson "disappeared" and a horrible teacher named of Miss Viola Swamp came in and taught the students in Room 207 a valuable lesson.

The book is very well written and uses all the techniques in chapter two. The characters are well developed, and the setting is one that all students can relate to. The pictures enhance the story and look like they were done in crayon or even color pencil. The characters definitely resemble characters or people in the real world. Students can relate to this book because they all have had teachers who were nice and ones who were mean. The students can understand now how to respect and listen to a teacher weather they are nice or mean. The ending is believable and I liked how the students have to figure it out on their own.

I enjoyed reading this book and found it very realistic. I know from experience that students take advantage of the nice teachers. This book relates to me because I am going to be a teacher and I want students to know how to treat me. I would use this book in the beginning of the school year. This book shows students how to treat a teacher and what could happen if they don’t. overall I thought the book was cute and teaches a lesson for students of every age.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Nelson Is Missing!.