Sara Kovach's Reviews > Fairy Metal Thunder

Fairy Metal Thunder by J.L. Bryan

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: read-2012, fantasy
Read from July 20 to 21, 2012

Fairy Metal Thunder is a very original story – unlike anything I have ever read. I read it in one sitting, and had a blast reading it. I found it to be very creative and a different spin on a Faerie tale.

Jason is a not so popular junior in high school who has started playing in a garage band as a guitarist. This band gets more time playing in the garage than any paying gigs. And to top it all off, his parents do not want him to hang out with or be part of the band. So, what does Jason really gain from being part of the band? He gets to spend time with the lead singer Erin. But, Erin has a boyfriend – how does he compete with that?

One evening while watching his little sister, something really strange happens. He is introduced to the Faerie realm, and in the end, he has the answer to the band’s problems. He finds some amazing instruments that turn their world around. The problem is, he did not come across these instruments honestly, and they have their own set of issues. Will it be worth it in the end?

This was a very quick read, and very enjoyable. It was anything but predictable. You have a high school mish-mash band trying to catch a break, a burger joint where the high school kids hang out, over-protective parents, and then throw the Faerie world into the mix. I just found it fun, fun, fun!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Metal Thunder.