Stephanie Ward's Reviews > The Rising Moon

The Rising Moon by Nilsa Rodriguez

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: for-review
Read in August, 2012

'The Rising Moon' was a quick and interesting read about a girl named Lia who finds out she isn't quite human. Among dealing with her alcoholic foster father, some problems at school, and focusing on graduating, Lia meets two handsome guys, Lyle (a werewolf) and Adam (a vampire). Lia must find out who she really is, who she can trust, and what her destiny holds.

The book was under 200 pages and was really well written, which made it a quick read. The storyline was fresh and interesting, but I thought the author could've expanded a lot more on some of the backstory, especially with the different histories. The characters were well rounded and had believable problems. I was able to fully empathize with Lia's situation at home and especially at school with all the problems that she had to face. Most readers will easily identify with her and the problems she endures throughout the book. The narrative flowed well and was very captivating, but I feel that there was a lot more potential for the story and the characters that would've taken it from great to amazing.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rising Moon.