Julia Magdalena's Reviews > Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism

Gyn/Ecology by Mary Daly

F_50x66
Mar 20, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction

A real eye-opener to say the least! It's thought-provoking and inspirational. I don't think I'll be able to NOT read between the lines ever again. Thank you, Mary! The only downside for me was that Mary Daly clearly dislikes ALL males. I understand her point of view, but feel that she's being really quite unfair here. Having an X and a Y chromosome doesn't make a man an evil oppressor. There are many truly gentle men out there whose biased views of women isn't their fault any more than it is ours (many women actually perpetuate male-female stereotypes). They are merely the victims of our patriarchal society's memes, the same as the majority of women are. As mothers, women are the ones that can make a real change. We need to teach our boys (and girls!) that we're all equal, no matter what sex or colour or lifestyle. All's good. The main thing is that we're kind and considerate to one another and treat othes as we want to be treated ourselves. Then the future will be bright. :) Highly recommended read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gyn/Ecology.