Melissa's Reviews > The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School

The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins

F 50x66
Jun 17, 12

Read from March 20 to June 17, 2012

Overall the book was excellent. I enjoyed reading about each "stereotyped" student she followed. As most of the book is something not new and enlightening to most educators who care it is a good reminder of how fragile the teen years are. One of the most important items I took from the book was that a teen should have someone who encourages them to achieve and move on when life seems hopeless. This is not always acommplished with every teen. However, most teens and some adults are looking for true acceptance of who they are; quirks and all. I also liked how she focused on educators behavior amongst colleagues. Their actions speak much louder than what is being taught in the classroom. It's kinda like parenting but in a formal setting. This made me take a step back in time and look at how I am behaving now as an educator.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth.