Rebecca's Reviews > The Dark Fields

The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn

Mar 20, 12

Read in February, 2012

I didn't see the movie, though it looked somewhat interesting. I'll catch it when it's on FX in like 3 years. In the meantime, I found out that the movie was based on a book! So instead of waiting for the movie, I picked up the book for free to see what the plot was all about. Yeah, it was pretty much what I expected. I actually thought the book would be worse then it was and it really wasn't awful. I wish the author dove more into the history of the drug or what happened to all the people that were taking it, but it kind of glossed over that part, which I am sure was part of the mystery and he wanted the reader to come to their own conclusions, etc, about what happens when you get hooked on something "bad" for you. The book was kind of all over the place and would spend a few chapters taking about one aspect of the story (people taking the drug) and then jump over to the main character and see how he was doing with the drug. Better then I thought, which is pretty high praise for a book like this.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Fields.