Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > When Darkness Hungers

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: literal-addiction-books, reviewed
Read from March 20 to 23, 2012

Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:

This is one of the most creative series I have had the luck to stumble across & I have had a soft spot for Serge since the beginning. His book couldn't have been better. The roller coaster of emotion & the extreme sides to every puzzle piece were thoroughly enjoyable.

Serge is a tortured soul, haunted by his past as a degenerate, his curse that may be broken but is still a part of him, the guilt he feels over things he’s done and those he’s let down and so much more.

Alexis is an ex-FBI agent turned vampire hunter trying to get vengeance for her sister who was killed in a vicious vampire attack. With the help of a witch she’s following the trail of vampire killings in CA and getting ever closer to avenging her sister’s death.

Division 6 is still hard at work covering up preternatural crime while following through with their own brand of justice with Sara (who we met in one of the earlier Shadow Keepers titles) at the helm as lead vampire prosecutor and her husband Luke as vampire governor.

Serge and Alexis cross paths early in the book, both on the trail of the same rogue vampire and there is instant chemistry.

When Serge ends up saving Alexis’s life as well as that of an innocent 16 year old, they get pushed together and the chemistry explodes.

Despite the fact that Serge is exactly what Alexis fights she can’t help her feelings for him, and Serge feels that Alexis is his path to redemption.

They don’t have an easy go of it, that’s for sure, but their story is definitely riveting.

The ending was incredible and a perfect set up for the next installment of the series. I hate waiting for it, but I’m excited to get my hands on it when it is available.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives When Darkness Hungers 5 Skulls, and would recommend it to all Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance readers. While the book can be read as a stand-alone, I highly suggest that you read the entire Shadow Keepers series in order to get the most of the books. You won’t be disappointed, I promise. It’s a fresh series full of amazing future potential and has been seated in my ‘favorite series’ list for quite some time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Darkness Hungers.

03/23/2012 page 261