Melanie's Reviews > Holy Bible: King James Version

Holy Bible by Anonymous

Jan 26, 2013

Recommended for: Everyone!
read count: 3

I just finished a 1 1/2 year study of The New Testament. I think it was my 2nd time reading it all the way through. This 2nd time through was a much more in-depth study. I loved my study and I learned so much. My favorites parts were reading about Paul and then the Book of Revelation. Revelation has always fascinated me and so it was very interesting to really dig in and satiate my curiosity. One of my favorite verses is in Revelations 21:4, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Isn't that awesome? I love that! As to my thoughts about the apostle Paul, what an amazing man! He had so many trials that he had to live through and overcome. But he did not lose his faith in God once and he continually praised God and was always looking for missionary moments. What an example to me, especially going through the trials that we are currently experiencing.

My love for my Savior Jesus Christ increased as well. It is hard for me to express in words the feelings I feel towards Him. I have learned how important "the one" is to Him. He went about doing good continually. He healed many who were ill, both physically and mentally (Luke 4:33-41). He wasn't too busy with his everyday schedule to take time out for "the one." How thankful I am for His atoning sacrifice for me. I know He loves me and knows me personally.
76 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holy Bible.

01/31 marked as: read

Rhonda I hope you don't take offense at this, as I love the Bible also, but you take away from the positive power of your argument by misnaming a book of the Bible, especially after you say you have studied the NT for a year and a half: It is the book of Revelation, rather than the plural. It is, however, a common mistake.

Melanie Rhondak wrote: "I hope you don't take offense at this, as I love the Bible also, but you take away from the positive power of your argument by misnaming a book of the Bible, especially after you say you have studi..."

No offense taken! Thanks for pointing that out to me. I really appreciate it!

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Thank you Melanie for your thoughts! I love the Bible also, especially the New Testament. I just started the Old Testament two days ago and I think it's going to be quite a journey. :)

Melanie Jenny wrote: "Thank you Melanie for your thoughts! I love the Bible also, especially the New Testament. I just started the Old Testament two days ago and I think it's going to be quite a journey. :) "

Good luck with your study!

Michelle I think you mentioned something a lot of other people just "reading" this book missed: you have to study it and understand it within the context of the times in which it was written and from there, search your heart and listen to God in the parts in which it will apply to you--will "convict" you of wrong doing or spur you on to a more right, ethical, and just way to live. No one said the writers or the people being written about were perfect writers or people but amazingly, this book has truths that will hit you right at the core if you let it actually touch you. This is how it becomes a work of God and not of man.

Brian Barber just sad

message 7: by Tim (new) - rated it 1 star

Tim I liked the Old Testament better. It was a bit more racy. Especially Song of Songs.

message 8: by Tim (new) - rated it 1 star