Romancing the Book's Reviews > Claimed by the Spymaster

bookshelves: erotica, historical
Read in March, 2012

Reviewed By~Bri
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

Claimed by the Spymaster was a sensual and quick moving read. This was my first book by Tara Kingston and to say the least I was impressed. She puts forth effort into her characters in making you understand their weaknesses as well as their strengths. She’s one of those few authors who doesn’t overwhelm the reader with too much internal mumbo jumbo. In fact, if anything I’d like to know more about the hero and heroine.

Valentina was completely believable and relatable. While beautiful yet sensual she was vulnerable in her life. I however would have liked there to have been more time with her. She was more complex I feel and I wanted to get to know her more. Again and attribute to the author’s skill.

The same thing goes with Alec. He was a hero that is indeed an alpha but still had some beta challenges in life. The third son of nobility he never expected to inherit. But he indeed did and is out to avenge his brother. I’d love to have known more about him, his family and more of the details of his time growing up.

The chemistry between the too is fast and mutual. You’ll enjoy it immensely.

All and all it was a great read. I look forward to reading more of my Kingston’s work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed by the Spymaster.