Romancing the Book's Reviews > My Lieutenant

bookshelves: erotica, m-m, romance
Read in March, 2012

Reviewed By~Robin
Review Copy Provided By~Author

This was the first totally gay romance that I have read. I have wondered if others have the same issues that heterosexuals do when developing a relationship with what most would view as a life partner/soul mate.

BL does a wonderful job of bringing a relationship to light showing that it doesn’t matter the color, sexual orientation or which side of the tracks you are from, love is love simple as that.

Nathan has just come out of a bad relationship and is kind of leery about entering a new one. He finds him drawn to his new neighbor Bryant. Who seems to being trying a little hard to prove to everyone including himself that he is gay. Bryant, Lt. Bryant…U.S. Navy…is just coming out and he wants the world to know that he is gay and in love with Nathan.

Nathan who has been hurt in the past wants to take it slow but Bryant wants it all. To be quite honest Nathan is having a tough time trying to keep Bryant in slow mode.

BL takes us into the world of relationships that not only deal with those that are gay but any relationship that one has been in and been hurt in. BL answers those questions about dating, getting to know each other, telling friends, and the pressure of finding out your true sexual orientation. While some may need to go slow others jump head first into relationships.

Who is to say what the right way is for relationships? BL shows that all people, yes even those that are gay, fall in love the same way that everyone else does. They have feelings and they have a right to be happy as she shows the love that transpires between Nathan and Bryant.

Gay or Straight…love is love and BL does a great job of getting this across to the reader. A fun story for anyone, I look forward to reading more from BL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Lieutenant.