caty's Reviews > What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Apr 02, 2012

Read from March 20 to April 02, 2012

Alice is an easy-going 29 year-old, newly married and pregnant with child #1. Except, she’s not anymore. She’s 39 with 3 kids and separating from her husband… only a hit on the head has lost her 10 years worth of memories.

I can’t help comparing this to ‘Before I Go To Sleep’, since that book is still fairly fresh in my mind. Actually, I liked this one better. Partly because it’s more likely that a bang on the head will cause a chunk of missing time than inability to remember anything but things you’ve done that day. I liked the carefree Alice. Her older self sounds terribly strict, but of course, that’s the point. What will new Alice be able to take and learn from her old self, that without the knock on the head would be forgotten! It’s a bit soppy as Alice’s younger persona takes over and undoes some of the damage of the new persona before surprise surprise having an astound impact on Alice permanently. I guess the message is sometimes we need to take a step back and remember who we really are. Blah blah moral blah. Heh, I liked it though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Alice Forgot.