Steph Sinclair's Reviews > Fifty-one Shades: A Parody

Fifty-one Shades by Andrew Shaffer

Mar 20, 12

bookshelves: completely-random, 2012-reads, short-and-sweet, funny, pure-win
Recommended for: People who need a laugh
Read on March 20, 2012, read count: 1

I laughed so hard! Brilliant!

Okay, that opening paragraph was hilarious:
I growl with frustration at my reflection in the mirror. Damn my hair – it’s fifty shades of fucked up. The situation I’m in is fifty shades of fucked up. I’m supposed to be studying for my finals; my roommate, Kathleen, should be the one fussing with her hair in front of the mirror right now. Instead, I’m trying to brush my hair into submission. Why is my hair so kinky? I need to stop sleeping with it wet, because it always ends up out of control. As I brush my long, brown hair, the girl in the mirror with blue eyes too big for her head stares back at me. Wait...I don’t have blue eyes! Then I realize I haven’t been looking into the mirror. I’ve been staring at a poster of Kristen Stewart for five minutes. My own hair is actually fine.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

/end review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty-one Shades.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bonnie Oh this looks promising. haha!

Steph Sinclair Bonnie wrote: "Oh this looks promising. haha!"

It was so funny!

Bonnie Have to give it a go now. :D

Jenn Love the gif!

Steph Sinclair Bonnie wrote: "Have to give it a go now. :D"

Yes, you must!

Jenn wrote: "Love the gif!"

That was my reaction while reading. And I loved that little bit he added at the end! Lol!

Jenn Oh, the ending comment killed me. I was dying. LOL

Lyndi "I’ve been staring at a poster of Kristen Stewart for five minutes. My own hair is actually fine." totally won me over, but it just gets better and better. I can't wait for Chapter 4 next week! =D

message 8: by papalbina (new)

papalbina so good xDDDD LOL!!!!

Steph Sinclair Lyndi wrote: ""I’ve been staring at a poster of Kristen Stewart for five minutes. My own hair is actually fine." totally won me over, but it just gets better and better. I can't wait for Chapter 4 next week! =D"

I will be following these chapters!!

Experiment BL626 I would never read 50 Shades, but I would totally read AND buy 51 Shades. Is it weird that I want this author to be richer than Meyer and James combined?

message 11: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra totes stealing that gif! :)

Steph Sinclair Sandra wrote: "totes stealing that gif! :)"

Steal away! :)

Experiment BL626 wrote: "I would never read 50 Shades, but I would totally read AND buy 51 Shades. Is it weird that I want this author to be richer than Meyer and James combined?"

Nope. I feel the same way!

message 13: by Eve (new) - added it

Eve Davids You know, I think this should be our payback to stupid books like 50 shades. It's brilliant!

message 14: by Lyndz (new)

Lyndz that is funny!

Steph Sinclair TheDuchess wrote: "You know, I think this should be our payback to stupid books like 50 shades. It's brilliant!"

I completely agree!

message 16: by Noora (new) - added it

Noora I was going to skip this but now I think I have to give it a go. Ahahahaha. (Also, bonus points for using that gif.)

message 17: by Anne Nikoline (new)

Anne Nikoline Oh my gosh, it's actually funny!

message 18: by Hazel (new)

Hazel Grace oh my lol.