Vanessa Booke's Reviews > As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1

As the World Dies by Rhiannon Frater

Mar 20, 12

This was my first encounter with Rhiannon Frater's writing and I'm glad I was able to be part of this tour. As The World Dies (Untold Tales Vol. 1 & 2) is wonderful collection of gory and horrifying stories that include characters from Frater's earlier trilogy As The World Dies. Although I haven't had the pleasure of reading the trilogy these volumes are awesome as stand alone stories. Each story gives a brief but in-depth view of characters along with some gore and action. I'm definitely going to go back and read Frater's trilogy! I loved that Frater gives a lot of attention to her characters and they're great characters! There's not many authors that can get you to really care about a character within a short story. The Broken Heart in volume 1 was my favorite story although it's extremely sad I just loved the emotion throughout it. I really love how Frater complicates each story and each character for example Debbie and Alan's relationship in the story A Terrible Moment in Volume 2. The shift in POV's really gives the story purpose with showing Debbie's point of view of her relationship with her husband (believing her husband has cheated on her with his secretary) and then showing Alan's point of view of the situation and his wife's sulking. Overall, I really enjoyed these stories and Frater's writing is great. I would definitely recommend picking up these two volumes, they're fantastic! If you're a lover of zombies you're missing out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As the World Dies.