SueM's Reviews > Str8te Boys

Str8te Boys by Evangeline Anderson

4272088
Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: m-m, out-of-the-closet, student, gfy-ofy, ipad-stanza, bingo-challenge, friends-to-lovers
Read in March, 2012

This is definitely a coming out story, but despite this trope being a favorite of mine, this was just an average read for me - not bad, but not great either.

Two college friends, soccer team and room mates, are desperate for rent money. They decide to earn the money by doing a photo shoot for a gay website - essentially gay-for-pay - that features above waist touching and a few kisses. The story then follows these two boys/men as they come to terms with the feelings they have for each other, and dealing with coming out. Things don't go smoothly (of course) with the a predictable homophobic team member and one hurting the other by still being in denial.

While I liked the idea of this novella, it was all very bland and generic for me, holding no surprises. I think if it had been longer, perhaps exploring more of why Maverick responded as he did, it might have had the something to make it stand out from the crowd.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Str8te Boys.