Sam at A Journey Through Pages's Reviews > Dead Sky Morning

May 04, 12

bookshelves: favorites, want-physical-copy, horror
Read in March, 2012

Review from A Journey Through Pages

My favourite "classic" horror novel is hands down The Shining, and it might be all the similarities to the plot in Stephen King's book that makes Dead Sky Morning one of my favourite horror books of all time and my favourite so far in the Experiments in Terror series. Dead Sky Morning will trap you with its bone chilling prose and hold you hostage just as the island tries to do to Perry and Dex. Both the first time I read this book and the second time I didn't mean to gulp it all down in one go, but somehow I did both times.

Perry Palomino returns as one of the most realistic protagonists I've had the joy of reading. In fact she's so realistic and flawed that I'm sure there are many readers who hate reading her for fear of seeing their own faults through her. With every book I find myself connecting with her more and more. Some people read this book and can't see how Perry can act like she does with her parents at 22/23 but when you are living at home and not making the money to live on your own it's hard. Whether or not done on purpose by Halle, Perry also seems to have Social Anxiety issues and as someone who has that problem it causes you to be so afraid of disappointing those closest to you.

She is growing up though, slowly but surely and it's great to see. Dex is also growing as we learn more about him. Perry and him are good for each other right now in my belief.

And if anything is for sure, this book would make an amazing horror movie (that I wouldn't be able to see due to being scared stiff)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Sky Morning.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karina (new)

Karina Halle OMIGOSH thank you! Great review <3

Sam at A Journey Through Pages @Karina: *laughs* No thank YOU for writing it. I really do love it so.