Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Griffin's Fire

Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut

Apr 24, 12

Read in April, 2012

*Fangirl Squeal* Now that I got that out of my system, holy crapola! This book is awesome. I managed to read it so fast that once I got to the end I was mad at myself! I told myself to slow down and take it easy but instead, I kept devouring it as if I was starved.

What hooked me from the start is Griffin. This book picks up where the first one left off , where Griffin is getting into the swing of things. He is not used to certain things and has a hard time adjusting. I love how Ms. Karchut really lets the reader feels his emotions. Griffin's stress over his nightly nightmares, his girlfriend, his school and the new angel that his mentor took under his wing. I felt that jealousy like WOAH! I really like this part of the book cause the reader is able to feel and see his insecurities. But Basil, his is one amazing man. Even though he knew why Griffin was rebelling he stuck by him like if he was his own son.

The plot flows nicely as the reader goes through Griffin's day to day life. I like that the plot isn't just about Griffin but there is something bigger going on. An amazing thing happens to Griffin. With this new element, a whole new ball game out and ready to be played.

The love interest went through it stages and flowed nicely as well. I liked that despite what they went through, they went through it together and got through it. I can only hope that in the third book their love will continue to grow.

Griffin's Fire is an compelling read that leaves you so excited that you just want more. Like a roller coaster, you must get on again so you can enjoy the ride all over. Griffin's Fire is an amazing sequel you must read!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Griffin's Fire.

04/18/2012 page 7