Rae's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

Mar 19, 12

Evanovich's books are always funny. There's a formula to each main character, sidekicks, a hot guy (or several). This book had a lot of opportunity to develop some interesting characters, but they all fall flat. Reveals that make sense, sort-of, but that haven't been brewing throughout the story. Affection and sympathy doled out for characters who don't seem to deserve it. The most complex character in the novel was the monkey, and that was despite the fact that I felt the monkey was a desperate and unsupported comedic addition to the plot. I just didn't feel this book, and it wasn't all that funny either. Not to mention that the book doesn't actually end, at all. If your going to end a book on part one of seven, don't spend the intro focused on the seven as a whole, then deviate to the first. It was really confusing. And the sudden addition of tablets at the end made no sense whatsoever. I give this book two stars because I was amused while reading it, but I won't be picking up the next six.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.