Pasquale's Reviews > War and Peace

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

Mar 19, 2012

Read from May 22 to August 18, 2012

The book is excellent. My situation this summer conspired against me being able to give the book my undivided attention, and now that I'm finished, I wish I had been able to concentrate more on it. If this book is considered one of the greatest in the Western Canon, I am proud to say I have read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peace.

06/13/2012 page 418
33.0% "This book is massive, but it gets more interesting and compelling after each page. Determined to finish it within a reasonable time. Some of the characters are fascinating."
07/09/2012 page 683
54.0% "I've been really busy over the last few weeks, so I'm much farther behind than I would have liked to have been by now. However, the novel still holds my interest and I am looking forward to seeing what happens to Pierre, Andrei, and Natasha."
07/27/2012 page 820
64.0% "The book is compelling, but it is dense. I usually read a page a minute, but it seems that this book's pages are at least two minutes minimum, making it seem like I'm reading a 2500 page monster. In any event, I like it and will finish it sooner than later (I hope)."