Marium's Reviews > Forgive My Fins

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Mar 19, 12

Read in March, 2012

This was a cheesy, feel-good, sort of cliche, average novel. As it says in the description, it was about a girl named Lily who is a mermaid. She lives in the human world, and goes to your regular highschool. In fact, her life is just fine until she accidently becomes bonded to the boy whose hobby is teasing and annoying her. After reading this book, I almost felt as if I had just watched a disney channel movie. The same elements of a girl who isn't too popular, and who has a crush on a guy while her best friend is pining after her. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on your mood. There wasn't that much seriousness in the novel, and there wasn't any violence, mystery, or action. It was almost like a realistic fiction novrl - except for the fact that there were mermaids in it. The fantasy element in the book wasn't at all serious. The main character has little to no major troubles in the mermaid world, and the only pressing problem in her life is with boys. The romance in the book isn't too "passionate" either. Kind of cheesy, but it made you feel good. I would recommend this novel more to realistic fiction lovers, rather than fantasy lovers, and if you're looking for a serious read, I wouldn't go for this either. However, if you want a happy novel that is relatively easy to read, one you don't have to think too much about and one that will make you feel happy, this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgive My Fins.