Cynthia's Reviews > The Parenting Breakthrough: Real-Life Plan to Teach Your Kids to Work, Save Money, and Be Truly Independent

The Parenting Breakthrough by Merrilee Browne Boyack

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: great-reads
Read in March, 2012

I really enjoyed this parenting book, especially the first few chapters. Merrilee Boyack is the mother of four boys and she shares some of her great parenting ideas in this book. I loved the ideas about what kids should know how to do on their own at certain ages. I know that sometimes I find myself doing too much for my kids which doesn't really help them in the long run. There is also a chapter on how to train your children to become financially independant and I think we're going to implement some of her suggestions in our family and see how it goes.

The last couple of chapters are just bits of her parenting philosophy that could be especially helpful for parents of teenagers. It seems a little rushed and scatter-brained, but there are enough gems in this book to make it worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Parenting Breakthrough.