Jeepster's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Mar 19, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-ve-won, caught-up-series, to-read
Read from April 23 to 26, 2012

I received this book as a giveaway (thanks to Wendy Higgins and Goodreads!!!!)
Every single day while waiting for this book to come in, I'd run out to my mailbox with anticipation. Needless to say when it finally came in, I almost pissed my pants in excitement. I was looking forward to reading this book THAT much. The amazing cover probably had a lot to do with it!

Now onto the book. Great story line. I absolutely loved all the characters and their relationships. Not one felt forced or not genuine. I really enjoyed reading how Anne and Kai grew and came into their own while still staying true to themselves.

I think this book stands out among the rest of the "paranormal romance" genre because the chemistry between Anna and Kai was electrifying...throughout the entire book. There were more than several moments when my heart was pounding and I realized that I was holding my breath. I really felt like I was *in* the story instead of just reading/watching. It felt real. Sweet Evil also strikes me as original whereas other paranormal romances feel like several books combined into one. This book gripped me. I could hardly put it down.

I was pleased with the ending and definitely keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel. I look forward to reading any sequels and other books by Wendy Higgins.

Well done, Wendy!
I wish I could really give it more than 5 stars. Thank you again for giving me the chance to read your book. <3

*ETA: I have also posted this review on www.amazon.com*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

04/23/2012 page 44
04/24/2012 page 100
22.0% "I'm already in love with this book. This is the kind of book you start reading and then mourn it because while the ending is over 400 pages away...it's coming."
show 2 hidden updates…

Carla sweet!

Jeepster Carla wrote: "sweet!"

You can read it after me. :)

message 3: by Endrina (new) - added it

Endrina who did you win it? and of course. Congratulations!

message 4: by Endrina (new) - added it

Endrina who did you win it? and of course. Congratulations!

Jeepster Endrina, at the top of the page there is the "Explore" tab. Click the arrow down next to it and "giveaways" is listed. Click on it and it takes you to all the giveaways that goodreads has. :)
Good luck!

Jeepster Just came today!