Holly's Reviews > The Best of Me

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: emotionally-charged, favorites, romance, 2011
Read in March, 2012

Its been a while since I've read a Nicholas sparks book and I forgot just how much I adore his writing, but "The Best Of Me" definitely reminded me. Like his other novels, I fell irrevocably in love with the main characters. I spent the majority of my time with this novel in tears and while that would turn some people off I find it to be the best thing about books. Any author who can make me develop such a deep connection with his characters and draw such extreme emotion out of me is a great writer in my eyes. I loved this book, more than I expected to and I already had high expectations. However, no book is perfect and I can't honestly write a review without addressing the flaws of the novel. So, while I deeply adore this book, I did find Dawson's ghost to be highly unbelievable. I won't spoil the story and tell u who the ghost turns out to be, but I will say that it would be much more believable if it was anyone other than who it actually was. This small detail was not enough to rupture the delicately woven storyline or my relation to its characters. So I give this book 5 stars. Here's to hoping I continue to love the writing of Nicholas Sparks and his delicate and emotional plots, although I dare say not near as much as I do this one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best of Me.