Hannah B's Reviews > Forest Born

Forest Born by Shannon Hale

F_50x66
Mar 21, 12

Read in March, 2012

Forest born is an amazing novel. It is about a young girl named Rin who is rather shy. One day, she discovers that trees give her a sense of calm. When she does something bad by making a boy uncomfortable until he kisses her, she again seeks out the trees. She then finds that the trees no longer provided her with calm, but with hatred and loathing. Rin must get help from her friends Isi, Enna, and Dasha to find out what's wrong with the trees, or with herself.

Rin and Isi are two very different characters. Rin is shy, quiet,and sometimes can be very unconfident and afraid of herself. Isi is strong, calm, and can take a lot emotionally, unlike Rin. Both characters are very kind, helpful, and intellegent. I like Isi more because she has more characteristics like my own. Also, Isi would be more fun to be around because she has a good sense of humor.

A large group of people would enjoy reading this book. However, I think students, more so girls, would have fun reading. Also, this book is in the fantasy genre, as well as in action or adventure genres because there is an adventure and a fight going on. This book is great for reading during free time, but I found it a book more difficult to do a book report on. So, I would recommend it to you as free-time reading material.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forest Born.