Jenna Howard's Reviews > Finding Emma

Finding Emma by Steena Holmes

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: fiction, women-s-fiction

This story is heartbreaking. A mother turns around in her kitchen to find her three year old daughter is gone. She wandered out the open door and...vanished like a balloon in the sky. Megan has spent three years seeing her daughter on every blonde little girl in the street. Peter is struggling to hold their family together and their two remaining daughters are just as lost as Emma. As the story unravels so does Megan. She fears her husband is cheating on her, he keeps eyeballing the cop Megan's a little too friendly with. This is a family on the edge of shattering open and to keep it, Megan knows she needs to let Emma go.

It was painful to read. Horrific. I don't have kids. I have two nephews. I adore them. I imagine my life without one of them in it and something breaks inside me. And I guess Steena feels the same way when she looks at her daughters because this awesome, amazing author has teamed up with the Missing Children's Society of Canada. For every ebook Steena sells, she's donating $1 and 50% of the proceeds from every paper back to MCSC so other families can find their loved ones.

Kudos, Steena. Kudos.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Emma.