Kat (Lost in Neverland)'s Reviews > An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

After getting dumped by his 19th girlfriend named Katherine, child prodigy Colin Singleton leaves his home with his best friend; slightly fat and not a terrorist Hassan, to find his 'eureka moment'. Colin's eureka moment just so happens in a town in the middle of nowhere (aka Gutshot, Tennessee), in front of Archduke Franz Ferdinand's grave and with a Celebrity Living magazine lover, Lindsey Lee Wells.
Now boarding with Lindsey and her mother Hollis (who owns a textile mill that manufactures tampon strings), Colin struggles to solve The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability. If he can successfully construct the right equation and graph, he may be able to predict the outcome of all dating breakups. And finally get the girl.

I don't get why John Green fans don't like this book; I loved it. It was hilarious, smart, original, slightly sentimental....all things we love about John Green novels.
I loved Colin. He's probably one of the best main characters I've ever read about. Hassan was pretty awesome too, it's great to see diversity in a book and John Green always does it right.
The little footnotes at the bottom of the pages were so unique and interesting to read. And of course the story had so many good, usually gut-bustingly funny, quotes that I was reduced to putting them in parentheses with a pencil. (Thank luck and science that I had my own copy)

So all in all, if you're looking for a book where you're laughing every other page, definitely pick this up.

RANDOM GIF TIME.

description

8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Abundance of Katherines.

Quotes Kat (Lost in Neverland) Liked

John Green
“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.”
John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

04/15/2012 page 123
54.0% "Fug, is there a lot of math in this book. I should be getting credits for reading it."

Kat (idangerous) Me have to read it now!

Kat (Lost in Neverland) WOW, YOU'RE FAST. I just posted this like, a few minutes ago. :D
YAY!

Dyanne I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!!!
along with all the other books in the universe John Green has written.

Llana This is really random but I love the way in the gif someone's head pops up.

message 5: by Shawyon (new)

Shawyon Shirazi I really enjoyed reading this book. I especially love how he incorporated the diversity. John Green shows that there can be Muslims living in the US who act just like Hasan, and not like the typical stereotypical Muslim who most people think of wearing like a turban or something like that. The type of Muslims that will make jokes of these stereotypes, which Hasan did often in the book.
The footnotes were also really interesting, and also very different. It sort of sets aside this book from the rest, making it unique. The fun facts are fun to read about, and so were the jokes.