Outi's Reviews > The Dirt – Törkytehdas

The Dirt – Törkytehdas by Tommy Lee

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: drugs, memoirs, music, read-in-2012
Read in April, 2012

Oh I really liked this so it's such a shame that Mötley Crüe doesn't rock my boat at all. One of the weirdest things when reading it, was how to deal with all the misogyny, drug use, recklessness and all that complete lack of responsibility. It was a great luck that it was so well paced and so well written (a great translation to finnish too!) that it was entertaining even though it dealt with horrible things.

Vince's parts were the only ones I didn't really like until towards the end where Skylar died and there were a little more reasons for him to act the way he did. When talking about the Razzle-incident, I was a bit disappointed how.. cold and detached he seemed about it.

I almost fell in love with Mick Mars, him being all grown up, sick, alcoholic, philosophical and all that. He was an outsider and great at it. Tommy and Nikki were like I expected them to be, reckless and disgusting telling it's all because of their need to be loved.

Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll, just as it should be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dirt – Törkytehdas.

04/03/2012 page 100